Re: [seul-edu] OpenSIS Goals / Documentation

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:09:54 -0600 (CST)
Les Richardson <richl@mail.tfsd.sk.ca> wrote:

> Who is writing the documentation?

I totally agree that we need some documentation for the project.  However, initially we need to get a team of developers together and signed up for the mailing list (which is the best documentation tool ever)...

The goals of the project were outlined early on in an email to the mailing list or you can read them below in this email.

The goals are:

1) Data design (what we need to collect, format of collected data)
     Craig(YEC) is taking this on.
2) UI (User Interface Specifications)
      UNASSIGNED - however, we will use a template-driven system (template system has already been implemented)
3) Project Name: OpenSIS

4) Other state's reporting requirements
     Arizona - Craig(YEC)
     OTHERS - UNASSIGNED
5) Programming Language: PHP
6) Attendance
	Attendance on a per class... and per day basis.
      UNASSIGNED
7) Real-time Grading module
      Ben Efros and others
8) Report Generator
      UNASSIGNED
9) Importing from other data sources
      UNASSIGNED
10) Sirs Basic/ Demographics
11) Daily attendance
12) Period attendance
13) Grades/ report cards/ transcripts
14) Test history/ achievement test
15) Activity manager/ correspondence
16) Student discipline
17) Health/immunization
18) User-defined report writer
19) Fees
20) Meals
21) Transportation/ Tuition billing
22) Scanner (OCR scanner to input data into the system?)
23) Textbook rentals
24) Master Board Builder
25) Central Student Registry (District Office)
26) Teacher gradebook (grading module... real-time reports accessible from student logins)
27) Special education (SPED)
28) School schedules (days school is in session, days of events, classes offered on certain days)
        Some schools do a "block scheduling" where one day is classes 1,2,3 and the next is classes 4,5,6
29) Schools Interoperability Framework (I think SIF is good, but its funded by the wrong companies)
30) Security Model
	Ben Efros is working on most of the security and access controls at this point
31) Help/Documentation Module
	NEEDED
32) Curriculum