Re: Stock programs, databases

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Micah Yoder wrote:

> I guess we can work with an RDBMS now and export XML when we know
> what we're doing.  :-)
>
> Wil, are you familiar with Perl CGI scripts and DB connectivity?
> That should about cover it.  This really will be a simple program
> (I think).

You might find that PHP/3.0 is a good idea on this one.  It requires
that the web server know about it, but database connections and
queries are a breeze and the syntax is a lot like perl.  The advantage
is that forms and such are a lot easier when your code is embedded in
the HTML (on the server side).

######## Justin Dossey ############ http://zero.ou.edu/~dossey #########
######## SysAdmin, Univ. of Oklahoma Dept. of Computer Science #########
######## Teaching Assistant, CS 1323 ## Programming Contractor #########