Re: Misc stuff.

Jeff Knox wrote:

>         You guys probably have already heard about this, heck, you guys
> probably wrote it.

Well, Matt Wimer is a valued member of this list, and _he_ wrote it with
some assistance.  We also have gbook by Justin Maurer and GGB by Bradley
Burnside in development.  Both of them are on the list too.

> Another issue I had. I think it would be wise to split up this mailing
> list, to individiual projects, such as a mailing list for the gradebook,
> for eduml, and one for other software.[...]
> An announce mailing list is also a good idea, say when you have a new
> idea, or version of software, you post to that list.[...] Tell me what you
> think.

I would hate to split up the mailing list just yet.  There is a
significant amount of cross-fertilization of ideas going on I think.
Instead, we've set up a projects webpage
<http://www.seul.org/edu/projects.html> that lists the various projects
that have come out of our discussions along with the project leaders.
Those leaders can organize the projects however they desire.  I suspect
that the projects that get the most rapid development will have some
more focussed communication channel outside of seul-edu (leaders, you
might consider asking for a separate seul mailing list or setting one up
on egroups.com); we hope and expect to get regular reports from them on
their progress and needs.  Douglas Ort is working on a document for us
that should be of help to leaders of OSS projects generally.  As soon as
it's ready we'll post it and call your attention to it.

There is an announcement mailing list, seul-announce.  It's currently
very low traffic.  We probably should use it, and encourage its use, for
the type of announcements you're talking about.  It was set up for
announcements about happenings across the SEUL spectrum; since we're a
part of that spectrum we fall under its umbrella.

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards