Re: Older Equiptment

Hans Sittler wrote:

> Michael Hamblin wrote:
>
> > A school with a large number of relic Apple II's would like to allow
> > students to do email but cannot purchase new equiptment.
>
> This is pretty much my situation;  I have an offer of 15 Apple IIs
> from a local high school;  the possibility of using them as terminals
> to one reasonably fast Linux server is intriguing.

Take a look here:

<http://apng.edu.tw/gsh/ednet/index.htm>

They appear to be doing exactly that.  I checked for ethernet adapters
for Apple IIs; evidently Apple was developing one in the early '90s but
then scrapped the project.  I haven't found anything else.

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards