Re: Plethora of gradebooks

Hi.
Bill Ries-Knight here.  I'm new to the list, but have watched this discussion for
a bit.  I am looking to build a "new" computer lab for my wife's school.  At this
time the staff is using OLD MACs to be compliant with the Diocese Program.
Computer Literacy is at a minimum. Suggestions from my wife, a reluctant Windoze
computer user.

1.  Provide an interface that will be familiar to MacOs users, especially early
revs.

2.  Use 4 basic levels of security....    a) general users in the public.  b)
Students/Parents for messages and homework, as read and respond only. c) Teachers
for attendance, grading, messages to/from students/parents, and homework.   d)
Administrators for general reports, attendance, etc. and perhaps a fifth level,
the super administrator with final verification of postings or changes for
grades, disciplines, etc.

3.  ALL transactions should include a full audit trail and require memo notation
for ANY changes.

4.   My wife is well aware of the skills of today's kids with keyboard and
modem.  Security should be able to stop the governments best slicers.

Let me know if this is out of line.

Bill