Re: Plethora of gradebooks

Hi again,

Bradley, seems like we want to come up with a sql
schema that we both like.  This will be great, you could
then write your app in c and mine in perl and let users
choose.

i am sure EDUML is going to come up before long so
i'll go first.   :)

eduml looks like a great protocol to transfer school
related data from school system to school system and
from teacher to teacher.

My concern is having a 1-to-1 mapping between eduml and
out sql schema.  I took a look at eduml .5 and i see
a few issues, which i would like for the three of us(you,
me, and the eduml author) to work out.  Even if our two
apps don't talk the same sql atleast they will be able to
import and export some version of eduml.

I have a co-author that i want to talk to as well. (He's really
new to unix. So, new i had the pleasure of teaching him vi. :)
So if we can work on making the sql schema and a new version
of eduml then we will have good interoperablity.

The idea of a web front end will just be the same as any other frontend.
So, i don't see any problem with it.

--matt wimer
im on vaction now until jan 11 so we probably won't be able to
talk in real time until then, but i will be reading my email.

(Nice to hear from you bradley!)