Re: [seul-edu] doc standard instead of Software standard?

* Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY (bill@mail.tasis.ch) [991210]:%y32Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 05:15:37PM +0100]:
> I was wondering if anybody has tried standardizing the
> format that one saves documents in.  For example using
> RTF so that any word processor can use it.

My present employer has told all of its workers that anyone who uses
anything other than RTF or HTML as the format for docs that are sent
in email to others will have a personal meeting with the CEO and his
baseball bat ;).

All it needs is a serious threat from the administration, that sending
(sharing) docs in any other format will lead to serious security
risks. Folks can still use Word, WP, StarOffice etc. to do their word
processing. HTML is naturally the best option in my view, but RTF
isn't all that bad either.

ramin
--
Ramin Miraftabi                         Student of Computer Science
email: ramin@cs.joensuu.fi              University of Joensuu

    - GPG public key ID 49C9CFF7 -- (c) Copyright 1999 -

		 Homepages *finally* updated!