Re: [seul-edu] Star Office Color Printing - Tom

Tom:

I am using the most recent (2.01) version of KDE/Office.  I very much like
KWord's layout and what it will potentially do.  Of course, it will run and
load quickly on any machine that is comfortable with KDE.  But, I have
discovered that it also will run in IceWM Mandrake 7.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't
think it's supposed to work -- but it does.

I tried using KWord on multiple machines in my school.  I works OK if you're
doing simple text work.  But that's about all.  When you try to insert
pictures and move text around, it crashes frequently.  I had one teacher
trying to create a test using it, and when she used the space bar to create
answer lines, KWord locked up  (not good for my job scene). I decided that
Star Office was where it's at -- at least for now.

Robert