Re: we we agree with GNU? (was: [seul-edu] New educational section in GNU)

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> >As I say, unfortunate but understandable.  Let's just be sure
> >that we all realize that we're not opponents on anything
> here,
> >but merely have somewhat different ideas on how to reach the
> >endpoint that we all desire.
>
> Are you certain of this, Doug? I never saw this list as
> reflecting a
> consensus that "free" or "Open Source" solutions were
> invariably superior to
> proprietary ones.

I regret that I didn't define the endpoint I was talking about
better.  "The endpoint that we all desire" was intended to mean
getting a free (Open Source) operating system in general use in
schools, specifically Linux.  The differing ideas have to do
with what is appropriate software that runs on Linux.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.