From: Keir and Robyn <keirobyn@yahoo.com>
To: seul-edu@seul.org <seul-edu@seul.org>
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2001 5:26 PM
Subject: [seul-edu] appropriate lightweight distribution

I am planning on rebirthing some decrepid P133 16MB 1GB Windows machines as Linux word processing and internet terminals.  Can anyone recommend a distribution?  I was planning on using Red Hat, since it seems the most widely available, but someone suggested that it might be too large and that I should try a ‘light weight’ distribution such as Slackware.  I was unaware that there were any differences in distributions from a hardware requirement standpoint.  Can anyone suggest a distribution for this purpose?