Re: [seul-edu] Schoolforge initial public announcement

Josh Levine wrote:

> Perhaps in addition to contacting the big networks, we could also
> contact local affiliates.  I know most of my local stations have special
> education reporters who would probably be happy to do the story -
> especially if there was a local school which had already benefitted from
> opensource software (so they could be "on location" as they shot the
> story!)

I think this is a _very_ good idea.  This is where all of you reading this get to
help.  If you have put free/open source software into a local school, or you know
of a local school that has implemented such, find education contacts at your local
media (newspapers, radio and TV stations, etc.).  When we write up the initial
public announcement, take a copy of it and make the contacts with your local media
outlets.  I'm sure we'll all be willing to help answer any questions they may have,
but you will be their local Schoolforge contact.  Who knows, it may help you get
open and free resources into more local schools!