Re: [seul-edu] People Resource Fields

>REPENT!  REPENT!

LOL!

>If you separate the fields, the user still can decide how he / she desires
>be addressed.

Correct. Sal, Firstname, Lastname. Nothing else required, IMHO.

>You want to separate the city, state, and zip as well.  Indeed, with the
>proliferation of area codes, you may well split the area code from the phone
>number (but there is no need to split the exchange from the phone number for
>exchanges rarely change).

This is the online world and privacy is somewhat of an issue in this case,
IMHO. Who wants addresses and phone numbers? Email is sufficient, and if
further contact is required, and the contactee wishes, (s)he may give you
this information.

In terms of a location, it would be nice to use GPS values...<grin> since
if a school needs assistance (and we have its location) we could
programmatically solve this problem, providing we know the distance the
volunteer is willing to drive....  However, perhaps more realistically a
city (or proximity thereto) would be more likely. (ie city,state  or city,
province  or town,(named larger locale))

I don't want to expect too much of the volunteer and put them "off".

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School