Re: [seul-edu] Newsgroups? Do we have a newsgroup server?

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:47:37PM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> Again, if we made our mailing list archives searchable wouldn't that
> give us the same effect?

Actually, they're searchable right now.

Go to http://www.seul.org/search/ and type in "seul-edu" as part of
your query.

This probably isn't quite as user-friendly as it should be. If anybody
thinks this is a worthwhile feature, drop me a mail and I'll set you up
so you can fix it up.

As for an nntp server, my impression is that it's too out of date for
it to gain critical mass of people. A mailing list is sort of on the
edge of the technology spectrum these days, as it is. :) But you're
free to set one up (if you can convince Doug) --- I'll point the name
news.seul.org wherever you want.

Thanks,
--Roger