Re: My local Linux advocacy efforts

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:54:24 +0100, Bill Tihen <bill@tasis.ch> wrote:

> Can you say more on this.  I have found Win NT workstations actually better
> in some respects to Mac OS.
>
>>I did mention that I thought that a massive
>>infusion of NT would turn out to be a bad idea in the long run.

As workstations, perhaps (although I'd like to see Linux moving into that area too--that's why we're here, after all).  I see NT being proposed more and more as a server OS, for which it is manifestly crappy.  There's just too much evidence to that effect for a rational, objective decision maker to pick NT as the server OS of choice.  Unfortunately, the decision makers are often not those with the technical expertise to make a rational, objective choice.  Because of that they fall back on what gets the most press: NT.

Doug Loss            Democracy substitutes election by the
dloss@csrlink.net    incompetent many for appointment by
(717) 326-3987       the corrupt few.
                        George Bernard Shaw