Re: [seul-edu] Consolidated gradebook effort

Hi All!

This is really exciting!  I have a student who has been working on a grade book
program for his independent study project this year.  He has been studying GTK,
glade, Python, wxWindows, and a few other things trying to get a handle on how
to approach this problem.  He has recently started looking at XML.  He is a
very talented student, but even so the entry points into much of this
technology is quite daunting.

I was wondering if it would be possible for him to work with some of you in a
sort of mentor/apprentice relationship.  He is a bright and responsible student
and I think he could make a valuable contribution to the project, but I lack
the knowledge to properly guide him (though I am eager to learn from him once
he figures this stuff out ;-)

Also,  could someone point me in the right direction to read something (again,
not too daunting ;-) about EDUML?  Thanks for your help.

jeffrey elkner
yorktown high school
arlington, va