Re: [seul-edu] Fw: (FWD) Linux in schools

Thank you Dave:

The Linux classes at the South San Francisco Adult Education Center
started on Feb. 1st.
Just as like last semester, this is a class that is sold out. We got 18
students which fills the classroom.
During the Christmas holidays, I asked the school for 4 more computers
to the 10 they had bought last semester. So, including two Powermacs
running Yellow Hat Linux, and  other pc's that were donated, we have
LINUX computers for everyone.

This room and the computers are also used for the Windows NT Class as
well, so the computers are set up to dual boot: Linux and Win NT. By the
way, we got more students for Linux than we have for Windows NT.!! which
surprised me.

The Linux class has really been a success, in spite of charging $100 for
8 week, vs $30 for 15 weeks for the other computer classes. I have
contacted the San Francisco LUGS and hopefully they are passing the word
out about the class. I'm still looking for help, as need to configure
SAMBA and a mail server too.
our pages: http://www.smcoe.k12.ca.us/ssfusd/as/linux/linux1.htm

Emilio Milian, Instructor.