Re: [seul-edu] Good news and a request

Linux at DCE wrote:

> I think that workstations specifications are pretty well taken care of, but we still need server "packages" that we can put out for bids. ie: A "proxy/filtering server package" or a "web server" package. While it is probably possible to run everything off a single server, that won't make sense for larger districts nor for security reasons.

> If you are interested in helping out, please let me know. When the final specs are completed I'll give the list the details so you can build off them for your own area if you choose to. (Or maybe even bid on the jobs if you can support Wisconsin schools.)

Can you specify things at least partially functionally? Something like this: For the proxy/filtering server, "OS-Current version of Linux running kernel 2.4.18 or later; Squid/SquidGuard or DansGuardian installed, configured and functional." For the web server, "OS-Current version of Linux running kernel 2.4.18 or later; Apache with PHP, SSL, [whatever else you think necessary] installed configured, and functional." That would allow the widest lattitude in bidding while not precluding having a single system meet multiple package definitions, since we all know that one Linux server can perform multiple functions.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain