Re: [seul-edu] Good news and a request

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:21:54 -0600
"Linux at DCE" <seul@dce.k12.wi.us> wrote:

> Also, if I make recommendations based on the size of our school
> district, it is likely to be considerable overkill for many districts in
> the state.

I don't understand what the size of the district has to do with it. I
assume servers will be located in schools; they should be sized according
to their role at a particular school. As for workstations, well, again
that doesn't relate to districts.

Unless you are referring to an estimate of contract value, the anticipated
number or systems the vendor can expect to sell.

Don't underestimate the power of coordinating with local open-source
groups. Many members enjoy doing volunteer work at schools. Also, don't
underestimate the students' ability to install and administer these
systems. I want to see high school students running the school LAN, and
adopting neighboring elementary and middle schools on a for-credit
outreach program.

--