RE: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3 Report (Feb. 16, 2003)

Behalf
> Of Doug Loss
> Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 9:54 AM
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> Subject: Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3 Report (Feb. 16, 2003)
<snip>
> Why did we eliminate CensorNet again?  I'd like to think about that
for
> a bit.

CensorNet was removed because it is an ISO only install.  It requires
you to completely format the machine to install it.  It contains other
GPL software and has a customized configuration for the other packages,
it appears to be dialog based but I haven't checked to make sure.

> > RedHat Packages Available but no Debian Packages (7)
> >    AUC
> >    Nightfall
> >    Planets
> >    Squeak
> >    Tech Tracker
> >    WIMS
> >    xplns
> >
> We should check on whether these are FHS compliant and then see about
> using alien to Debanize and Slackwareize them.

Being on the list of having Debian packages does not mean that it
"passed" the test.  We can say that anything that is found at Debian.org
automatically passes and the non-debian distributed ones have to be
tested, it makes it easier that way.

> > Other Packages Available (tar, tgz, bz2, zip, or jar) (40)
> [snip] Same comment as above, but add RPMize them to the list.

And the list keeps growing ;).

> >    OpenWebSchool
> >       Debian package is available but doesn't comply with FHS and
> > doesn't have a configuration script for standard web servers.
>
> Where are we on this?  We should see if they're willing to modify the
> app or if they'd like some help in doing so.

Actually nowhere, when I said that I was on it, I didn't mean on top of
it, sort of 100 miles east of it.

> >    xeukleides
> >       Debian packages are available for xeukleides but not
eukleides.

> We should approach this in the same fashion as OpenWebSchool.

I will put it down on my todo list.

Darryl