Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Debian menu

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:50:16 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

> Darryl Palmer wrote:
> > I looked at different educational packages and it appears that
> > TippTrainer is creating a menu under Apps/Educational.  I suggest we do
> > the same for our packages.
> >
> Sounds good to me.  Can we create further submenus, such as
> Apps/Educational/Math or /Apps/Educational/Library?

It is possible. It will just make the package non compliant with the
Debian policy concerning the menu. In the other hand if you wait for
Debian to add a sub menu structure for educational software you can wait
a long time. After all, Debian may embrace any choice made by DebianEdu
/ ISO projects.

Is there a way to export the Debian menu to other system?

Hilaire