Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Debian menu

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:50:16 -0500
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

Darryl Palmer wrote:

I looked at different educational packages and it appears that
TippTrainer is creating a menu under Apps/Educational.  I suggest we do
the same for our packages.

Sounds good to me. Can we create further submenus, such as Apps/Educational/Math or /Apps/Educational/Library?
It is possible. It will just make the package non compliant with the
Debian policy concerning the menu. In the other hand if you wait for
Debian to add a sub menu structure for educational software you can wait
a long time. After all, Debian may embrace any choice made by DebianEdu
/ ISO projects.

I think it's probably best then for us to create the submenus as we feel we need them, accepting the Debian policy non-compliance, while at the same time requesting the submenu structure we're using be added. We should agree between DebianEdu and SEUL/edu on what that submenu structure should be, of course.

Is there a way to export the Debian menu to other system?
That would be good, if so.  But I don't have any idea.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss                 Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator  fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University     not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu           Mark Twain