Re: [seul-edu] Linux community support for education

Dave Prentice wrote:

>  Doug,    I wish I had a local Linux group to call on. I don't
> even know anybody else in the New Orleans area that has Linux
> installed on anything. If there is anybody that can give detailed
> technical assistance, it sure would be helpful. Everything has
> been by trial and error -- setting up, configuring the network,
> remote printing, getting NIS working --  but I still haven't
> figured out how to set up my client machines to go through the
> gateway to get to the Internet. It's probably something simple,
> but there's nobody to show me what I'm doing wrong. Anybody want
> to take a trip to N.O. to show me what to do?    Anyway, in my
> school district the tech support department has barely even heard
> of Linux, let alone support it. All they will support are Pentium
> 233's or better running Windows NT. As if my school has any chance
> of getting some of those!Thanks,Dave Prentice
> prentice@instruction.com

Dave,

Take a look here:

<http://www.nolug.org/>

and here:

<http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/glue/groups/us/louisiana>

I hope some of these will be helpful.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid