RE: Re: [seul-edu] Perl for 9th graders]

You're probably right about the LOGO language itself, though it is certainly
better than the Apple BASIC that they considered teaching us instead.  I was
referring more to the fact that it was an interpreted language with a nifty
turtle interface.  The same interface can be applied to a more modern
language fairly easily.  I wrote a crude version using Python and Gtk for my
own amusement (and to help me learn Python) some time ago.

I prefer an interpreted language for the first stages of learning because it
is possible to see immediate results, and it is not necessary to learn about
the full compilation and development cycle up front.  Some might consider
this to be a Bad Thing, though.  %^)

--
Nathan Barnes
nbarne@acxiom.com