Re: [seul-edu] Beta draft of initial public announcement for Tuesday

Les Richardson wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Extremely well done. Kudos to those involved.
>

>>Schoolforge is intended to help its member organizations to:
>>    * introduce open resources, including free/open source software, to
>>primary and secondary educational settings;
>>    * help educators use and develop open resources, including free
>>curricula and free software;
>>

> "Free curricula" I feel is somewhat problematic since curriculum are
> organized by particular educational jurisdictions.
>
> Perhaps "free curricular resources", or "curricularly organized
> materials", etc.

Is this a concern about the objective, or the verbiage?

If it's about the wording, take solace in the tastefully ambiguous compound verb
structure in that clause: "use *and* develop" free curricula. Your district may
not approve of independent curriculum design, but private schools might be fine
with it. You may use it. You may have to redesign the resources to conform to
your local standards.

So I'm electing to leave that one where it is, unless the hue and cry go up.

--WA