Re: [seul-edu] Freeduc & RH

Charlie Cosse wrote:

  I checked out the Freeduc site, but it doesn't look like the apps
run on any other flavor besides Debian.
Another idea i'll just throw out: A page (somewhere) with lists of apps
that teachers/windows-users currently like and would miss if they switched to Linux. Educational Software Developers looking for their "next project" could consider porting one of those apps -> Linux.
Although we haven't promoted it much, we already have something along those lines: <http://seuldat.seul.org/npo/>. Right now I'm working on drumming up interest in two such concepts that no one's doing yet: a Linux "clone" of PrintMaster, and a Linux reader for at least one (Britannica, World Book, Grolier, etc.) CD-ROM encyclopedia. If anyone is interested in working on one or another of these, contact me.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain