Re: Archives and Web Site

> Speaking of archives, They are like black holes. What falls in is
> not likely to be seen again.

Yes, mailing lists are more ephemeral than you might otherwise
think.

Something which I've found quite interesting/convenient, is the
Kernel Cousins <http://www.kt.opensrc.org/KC> -- these are just
mailing list summaries based on the Kernel Traffic mailing list
summaries.

There's only two of these now -- one for gimp-devel, and one for
debian-hurd.  But the idea is good, I think -- to pull the meat out of
a discussion and leave some of the more timely technical
discussion aside.

Of course, doing these summaries takes quite a bit of work.
Human intervention is the only good way to really consolidate
information.

I don't know if anyone's up to the job, but it's a thought.

--
Ian Bicking <bickiia@earlham.edu>