Re: Archives and Web Site

Ian Bicking wrote:

> Of course, doing these summaries takes quite a bit of work.
> Human intervention is the only good way to really consolidate
> information.
>
> I don't know if anyone's up to the job, but it's a thought.

I been watching things and I've come to the conclusion that something has
to be done. There are a few projects that are doing great but in the big
scheme of things this is a pebble against a mountain. The number of
projects actively being worked has to increase substantially. I feel the
best way to accomplish this is to turn discussions into projects.
Basically my plan is doing as you say, consolidating the information and
putting it on a web page linked to a prospective project on the "To Do
List". The reason for this is that someone visiting the "To Do List"
might say, "Here is something I can do" as well as Bill Ries-Knight has
offered to advertise the "To Do List". Again as you imply, it is a lot of
work, but I feel it has to be done if one is serious about really making
a difference. Ian, let me ask about Logo. When I look at the "Current
Projects List", I see Miguel Sepulveda's 3D LOGO listed but no way for
anyone to even guess that you're interested in possibly writing a Logo
program. I was wondering if you wanted to list your Logo program as a
potential project. Doug, is Miguel currently doing anything with his
project. Anyway any thoughts or ideas.

Bob