Re: Squeak as HyperCard

Ian Bicking wrote:

> > The question of the purpose of the Basic implementation comes up here.  Is it
> > primarily for porting previously written software to Linux, or is it for new
> > program development and training in programming.
>
> Anyway, I wouldn't profer Basic as a prospective project.  But other
> people already thought it was worth doing, so all we'd need to do is
> describe what they did.  Seul-edu should be seen as enabling,
> rather than prescribing.

I agree on both counts.  If it's available, we should point to it.  The
question is, which Basic or Basics do we think have the best educational
value?  Even though there's not a plethora of variations to choose from,
we need to be careful to promote useable and useful things, both for our
credibility and for the "good of the order."