Re: [seul-edu] New indices for SEUL/edu software page

Michael Viron wrote:

> If we switch it to a database, we should look at php, not cgi.
>
> Michael
> At 12:43 PM 07/24/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> >Why don't we use a database backend with form entry, etc. for
> >categorizing.

Or Zope, which is already running on SEUL.  I have no problem with any of
these.  It's just that the responsibility for keeping all this up-to-date
has fallen my way, and I don't have the time to set all this up and
transfer the info we have to it.  If someone will step forward to do so,
we'll happily move to a database-driven software listing.  (Incidentally,
this has been proposed more than once before, and the people who agreed to
do the work didn't follow through; so you can see where I may be a bit
jaundiced about the whole thing.)  If we can do this nicely and get the
information transferred cleanly, I'm all for it.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people