Re: [seul-edu] New indices for SEUL/edu software page

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 07:00pm, Doug Loss wrote:
> Michael Viron wrote:
> > If we switch it to a database, we should look at php, not cgi.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > At 12:43 PM 07/24/2001 -0600, you wrote:
> > >Why don't we use a database backend with form entry, etc. for
> > >categorizing.
>
> Or Zope, which is already running on SEUL.  I have no problem with any of
> these.  It's just that the responsibility for keeping all this up-to-date
> has fallen my way, and I don't have the time to set all this up and
> transfer the info we have to it.

One thing you can do quite easily is tell app authors that their app is
listed there, and if they ever change anything, to update it themselves
(naturally, you'd want to word it nicer than I did ;-)

Speaking as an edu app author myself, I wouldn't have a problem updating my
entry in the list.

--
Sam "Criswell" Hart <criswell@geekcomix.com> AIM, Yahoo!: <criswell4069>
Homepage: < http://www.geekcomix.com/snh/ >