Re: Teaching Linux this summer

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Daniel Glenn wrote:

> Curriculum outline so far:
>
> 1. Being a basic User.
> 	Logging in, getting around, seeing who is online, the
> 	home directory, starting X, reading Mail, access
> 	privileges.
> 	* This is probably where I need to be reminded
> 	  of all the simple things you can do as a user.

I would include here some basic shell studies, like:
- simple pipes, environment variables, dot-files;
- simple in-line for loops;
Also, some kind of automation with cron/at should be valuable, imho.
And, as a must item, how to use man pages, infos, HOWTOS, docs, ...

> 4. Form teams.
> 	Once we have a plan, we'll have to assign
> 	people to what they do best. Some will be
> 	able to do the Art, some the harder HTML,
> 	some will just write.

why not some easy perl cgi?

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21