Re: NEWS

> > Shouldn't there be some kind of news on the seul-edu web-page?  I know that
> > it's more work for someone, but I don't even feel certain myself I don't miss
> > some new releases, new projects etc, even though I'm reading almost everything
> > on this list.
> That would be a wonderful addition. The reason why it's not happening
> currently is because nobody is doing it. :)

Yes, I would guess that. (-:

> What sort of news did you have in mind? General linux-in-education, or
> specifically seul-edu news, or what?

I was mainly thinking of seul-edu-news, but that applies to added links to the
outside world, like "Added link to the European Schoolnet Linux departement on
our links page" or something.  And new releases of our projects as well as
larger releases of packages really fitting..  New projects etc.. All changes on
the web-page reflects just about what should be on the news, kind of like the
GNU's news-page.  Otherwise you find yourself, like I earlier today, looking
around on the page, wondering if there are any new stuff there you've missed
from the list, any updates or so..

Besides, a page with news is a page people come back to, to see what happened.

> I try to keep www.seul.org/ updated with the really large seul news, but
> very little of the seul-edu material filters that high up.

No, we haven't got that kind of news often, so that it should go to sites for
"simple end users", even though they are closely related.

> You've got an account on cran..I'm sure people would be more than happy
> to have you maintain a news page there. :)

I think it wouldn't be too large for me, I'll give it a try.

..looking at the source of www.seul.org/edu/ .. and on the software.html... I
can see the main page probably is a modification of the software list.
Shouldn't "linux" and maybe "children" be in the keywords for at least the main
page?  And, the description of the main page isn't changed from the one of
software.html.  Maybe a short project-description would be better?

Anyways, if it's ok with the author (Doc Welder? or Wil Langford?) of the
layout, I should probably use the same...or, it could be part of the main page,
like some other sites have.. ?

I'll upload a test-version to my account at cran as I send this version, I
guess it could be looked at by http://cran.seul.org/~eof/news.html ?

.../EOF
---
<mailto:eof@hem.utfors.se>