QZB Re: Project updates again

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>  Roman, I know that QZB is tabled at least until you have more time for
>it, but what are your plans and hopes for it?

Projects advances best when the developer "scratches its own itch".
It seems that QZB doesn't itch very much in my case.
(I am surrounded by M68k Macs and MSDOS/Win9x PCs in our schools :-(

But when we will do distance learning later  this  year,
I hope ,it will be needed on server side.

\Me  bothers  that  there  is  no  general  way  to   represent
multimedia in quiz data. And this is if not  implemented  makes
things not looking serious.

I  want  QZB  to  have  a  knowledge-base  approach  and   task
generators easily added if the need arise.

(That is what could be interesting and challenging to me)

And to easily create and mass-use quizzes with QZB.

(That is what potential users want)

*

What if I turn QZB in the direction of QUIZ MAKER ADVISOR?
There seem to no software (I know about) in this sphere yet!

User inputs knowledge "relations" (like  "$A+$B=$($A+$B)")
and QZB advices to make following questions from it:

1+2=?

1.) 4
2.) 3
3.) 2
4.) 1

?+3=5

1.) 0
2.) 1
3.) 2
4.) 3

?+?=10

1.) 5+5
2.) 5+4
3.) 4+4
4.) 0+2

I know this drifts too far from the original  idea,  but  maybe
somebody will get a hint for a semester project...

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk * rnd@rsuzi.pgu.karelia.ru
* Thursday, June 24, 1999 * Powered by Linux RedHat 5.1