Re: (FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Quiet time

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, jeff williams wrote:
> In addition, I shall be teaching system administration to various "employees"
> of KCI who can then use these skills when they are looking for other jobs.  To
> me it sounds like a win-win deal.

I don't want to be pesimistic, nor make a bad joke with the bad
situation of those people. But, teaching them Windows may be better
for them. Anyway, you should focus on using Java, Postgress, javascript
and CGI, and web page design. I fear that emacs and so other
techie, yet unkown, proggies would not ease their career.
Inside Linux, there're somethings that are more commercial than
others, you should focus on those.

And some gimp, blender , VRML courses would be fine too.

If, they don't have programming knowledge, python would perform
superbly. Extremely elegant, extremely powerful and very
enriching for people.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  Programming Department: Mistakes made while you wait.