Re: [seul-edu] Fw: LinuxWorld Conference & Expo San Francisco

Hi folks,

I'm new to the SEUL list and still a newbie Linux user. I'm a teacher at a
small Mohawk H.S. in Canada. We currently run M$ in our lab, but I have
permission from the computer teacher to run Linux on one of the boxes. Are
there any programs someone can recommend as 'must have'. Are there any cdrom
distros of most popular educational programs? FYI, we'll probably be
installing Mandrake 8.0 with all mod cons. Thank you,
Gordon Truesdale

P.S. seems like a great list, I'm not confident about downloading software yet
so I haven't tried any of the software yet.