Jacal -- math program

Has anyone tried Jacal?  I just heard about it, but I only know the following.

I have just uploaded to ftp://incoming.redhat.com/libc6

jacal-1a9-1.noarch.rpm
jacal-1a9-1.src.rpm

Name        : jacal                       Distribution: (none)
Version     : 1a9                               Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Tue Mar 02 13:55:54
1999
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: tabitha.org
Group       : Applications/Math             Source RPM: jacal-1a9-1.src.rpm
Size        : 329221                           License: GPL
Packager    : W. L. Estes (wlestes@hamlet.uncg.edu)
Summary     : Interactive Symbolic Mathematics
Description :
  JACAL is a symbolic mathematics system for the simplification and
manipulation of equations and single and multiple valued algebraic
expressions constructed of numbers, variables, radicals, and algebraic
functions, differential, and holonomic functions.  In addition, vectors
and matrices of the above objects are included.

-