Re: [seul-edu] Cooperation

Philippe Ambon wrote:

> In order to get rpm done, I must say that the person in charge of it
> receives several dozens applications a day and can't do the "rmpizing"
> for all of them. Generally he guides the people interested in having
> their soft included in the Mandrake distro to our web site where
> indications on how to compile the "mandrake way". The exact url to go
> straight forward to the correct page is the following:
> http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/frpmapps.php3

I use the sample spec file at the above link, with a few modifications, and
generated my first RPM !

I would appreciate if a few people could check it and see if it actually
works, since it's hard to test on a system where you build the application
and the rpm. (all you dependencies will always be right, etc.).

Anyway: ftp://ftp.linuxforkids.com/titles is a temporary storage place for
the binary and source rpm for the First_math application.

the binary should install one file in /usr/local/bin, and I must say I don't
know where the source bz2 file will go ...

Maybe we could standardize a .spec file (the generic part of it) for all the
titles from SEUL/edu. kidsgames and LinuxForKids ?

I just looked at the "search by vendor" on rmpfind, and it's kind of a mess,
since it's sorted by alphabetical order, on the first names ... I was
thinking it would be nice to come up with something where we would show up in
the list, but there's just too much noise in there. For example 4 different
entries for MandrakeSoft, and overall maybe a thousand entries.

Chris.