Re: [seul-edu] Young Linuxers - Too hard? No way!

Hi,

I think this is an excellent idea.  I will add an
advocacy section to the docs site.  Please feel free to
write some advocacy materials.

Bill

Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:

> Karl wrote:
>
> > These 'case-studies' alone, (even just 5 or 10
surveys from students
> > around the US who are involved in setting up the
YHSLUG linux-lab, and
> > others like it) would prove to be invaluable
presentation materials in
> > pushing linux-solutions to other K12 schools. Along
with student essays
> on
> > how linux has helped their education (etc) their
teachers/metnors can
> > submit results of how open source has enhanced their
learning curve, or
> > taught them to work well with others, taught the
research skills, job
> > skills, etc etc etc.
>
> > This also means that there is a lot of work to be
done, at least from my
> > point of view. It means that those of us who are
interested, and have the
> > time/initiative/energy to help gather these
results/case-studies need to
> > come together, and post our findings, and
collections of opinons and
> > proven case-studies.
> >
> > I hope that anyone who wants to work together on
this, or knows of a
> group
> > already working on this education-advocacy-how-to
(similar to Doug Loss'
> > commercial-port-advocacy-how-to), gets in touch with
me.

> This is exactly in line with the SEUL/edu
documentation project.  Karl, you
> should
> contact Bill Tihen about his SEUL/edu documentation
guide, which will
> eventually be a
> writer's guide for this kind of thing.  I'm sure he'll
be supportive of
> your efforts and
> will have some useful insights to give.
>
> --
> Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right
track,
> Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you
just
> Bloomsburg University     sit there.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                Will Rogers

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>