[seul-edu] Laptops

Hi

I have a lot of students with laptops, however, many of
them have problems installing linux.  They usually have
one of 2 problems:

1) They don't find the appropriate drivers and linux
won't boot.  (Is there a distribution or a laptop
manufacturer that is Linux sensitive?  I hear IBM is
moving this way -- are they there yet?)

2) They don't want to do a destructive partition and
fips doesn't work -- it claims there is a hidden file
that it can't move.  (I have suggested maybe it is the
virtual memory space) Does anyone know some tricks in
using fips successfully?

Thanks

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>