Re: CVS for Dr Geo

> Roger,
>
> Is it possible to have a CVS system for Dr Geo? This will be usefull as
> some peoples are jumpnig in Dr Geo code.

Yeah..there are several options for this. First of all, you can make a
cvsroot in /home/drgeo and it will be standalone. I have done this, and
you can use it by doing a

mkdir drgeo
cd drgeo
cvs -d /home/drgeo/cvsroot/ checkout .

from your user account on cran. You will need to be in the 'drgeo' group
to be able to commit to the repository. (Tell me and I'll add people.)

Once you've got a local version, stick all the files and stuff that you
want, do a cvs add of them, and then do a cvs commit.

The second option is to add the cvsroot at
/home/cvspsrv/cvsroot/edu/drgeo/
This has the advantage that the pserver account (for anonymous cvs actions)
is already set up for the SoX project, and then people could do anonymous
checkouts and remote commits without having to have accounts on cran.
I took a brief look at this and it would be a bit more complex than just
creating a new repository for drgeo development.

Sometime I should sit down and try to merge all the repositories on cran
into one, and then have modules for each development team and allow pserver
access to all of them. That would be nicer for the community, in terms of
allowing them to get involved more easily.

--Roger