Re: [seul-edu] CIPA and Linux (meeting compliancy w/ SQUID)]

On Wednesday 16 May 2001 14:47, you wrote:

> This would work until we are able to fully meet CIPA with
> Linux/Squid/SquidGuard, and it would keep the NT box from getting so
> overloaded it dies.

Is anyone at squidGuard or otherwise working on these compliance issues?  Do
we know if the squidGuard developers are aware of the relevant issues?

> TUSD here in Tucson AZ uses websence, and the NT box goes down about 2-5
> times/week.

This is pretty similar to the reliability I've observed as a teacher in
schools using NT proxying.  Pathetic, really.

--
Tom Hoffman
hoffman@as220.org