Re: [seul-edu] CIPA and Linux

I have been sick, so I am just now adding to this thread.  A couple of
things to point out are the time frames involved and the actual
requirements for the technology.  Here are a few links to help sort out
a few issues.

Items to note:  The focus of the issue is "visual depictions" and there
is a time frame if there is not a policy AND technology solution in
place that allows a year for implementing a solution.

http://www.ala.org/cipa/#CIPA  for Libraries

http://www.ala.org/cipa/timeline.html

http://www.state.nj.us/njded/techno/htcrime/ipa.htm  A new Jersey DOE Q
& A

http://www.cybertelecom.org/cda/cipa.htm

I hope this helps with some of the details and urgency concerns.

Bill