Re: [seul-edu] It's quiet--_too_ quiet.

Bruno Vernier wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 07:35:45AM -0500, Michael A Hamblin wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Bruno Vernier wrote:
> >
> > > That is the case for me :-)  I just finished version 1 of BEL (a school
> > > library management system) which has replaced a commercial non-Y2K program.

> indeed.  It is 100% GPL.  To install requires PHP3, apache-php3-mod,
> php-lib, postgresql, some tweaking to get appropriate authentication,
> creation of the SQL database (in postgresql), and a single program in php3.
> So I will assemble a package with instructions and semi-automatic install
> for all that.
>
> If you want to see what it feels like, I posted a working system with
> authentication removed at:
>
> http://ess.vancouver.bc.ca/vn/library.php3

I tried this, Bruno, and some of the selections gave errors of this
sort:
Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_pconnect()
in db_mysql.inc on line 73
They were Statistics and Problems.  Help worked OK, but there seemed to
be more to the page than I could see but I didn't get any scroll bars
indicating that I could get to the rest.