[seul-edu] OS reports

Hi all!
	I just ran across two reports that I thought others
on this list might like to know about.

The first in a report by the President?s Information
Technology Advisory Committee. The report recommends
?a research strategy that uses open source software
development as the new model for answering America?s
high end computing software needs.? Although the
committee chose to focus on high end computing
software, some of their comments apply to open source
in general. The report is available at:
http://www.ccic.gov/ac/

The second report is similar in nature and published
by the European working group on libre software. It is
longer (44 pages) and available at:
http://eu.conecta.it/

Does anyone know of any research-based reports
published in scholarly journals that examine some
aspect of OS?

Thanks,
Herbert Remidez
Hremidez@yahoo.com