[seul-edu] [Fwd: Open textbooks]

I'm forwarding this message from Ben Crowell with his permission.  Ben is a
principal in the Free Books project, which is similar in many respects to the
Open Book Project and to the SEUL/edu documentation project.  I think that
any of us here who are interested in this topic should visit their site and
join and contribute to their work.  I think we'll probably be better off
doing this through them than by setting up a parallel project, so long as
their and our goals are substantially similar (which it looks to me that they
are).  Please visit their site and let us know your thoughts.

Ben Crowell wrote:

>         Thanks for the e-mail. OBP has quite a book catalog! Very
> impressive! Can you point me to info on how to subscribe to the
> mailing list? Also, is it OK if I repost your e-mail to the
> Free Books list? As far as division of labor, we're still kind
> of feeling our way on what should be done. Our main project
> right now is a free book on how to write free books, which
> is slowly making progress. The outline is here:
> http://freebooks.myip.org/bin/view/freebook-text/AFreeBookAboutFreeBooks,
> and we could use lots of input from people with real experience,
> especially on the collaboration and technology issues.
>
>                 Ben

[...]

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid