Re: [seul-edu] Student Information Standard

Michael Williams wrote:

> I am interested in this topic. I had not heard of the IMS Project before
> Bruno mentioned it earlier.
> I haven't had time to read these specs and compare them but we are
> considering this in our efforts to modify Koha library software.
>
> http://www.sifinfo.org/spec.html
> http://www.imsproject.org/specifications.html
> http://cran.seul.org/~vernier/eduml/
>
> Has anyone already compared these specs? How are they different?
> Similarities?
>
> Michael

I have compared IMS and EduML to some extent :
- IMS is very comprehensive, and consequently rather complicated, with
many levels in the XML tree
- IMS has stuff about quizzes, EduML has not

I still think EduML is a good choice, because learning curve is better
--
Odile Bénassy
http://libresoftware.educ.free.fr/