Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO project--a different approach

Michael Shigorin wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 01:22:11PM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
> > At the same time, we can have people doing research for an
> > installer (Phase 4).  This is probably the part that will be
> > the most fun for some of us Linux geeks.
>
> ...or better yet, considering joining Debian Jr with this
> subproject. :-)
>
> Installers are no fun as soon as you try come closer to
> real-world usability, and the only noncommercial effort that
> really strives is exactly Debian.  Either that, or RH K12 -- "yet
> another distro" is probably just too much dissipation.

I'd be happy to have Debian Jr or DebianEdu take what we develop and
bundle it into their work, but we're committed to being distro-neutral,
which probably also means packaging-system-agnostic.  I'd like to see
everything we package be in both RPM and DEB format, so that anyone with a
selected packages from it easily.  If that requires two installers, fine,
but if there's a nice app that will serve everything I'll be happy to use
it.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: