Re: Major interview

Malonowa wrote:

> I think teachers and parents are probably more concerned with access to good
> educational resources within whatever limited budgets they have than whether it's
> open source or not. Most teachers really wouldn't have the programming skills to
> make use of the open source model.
>
> One thing we overlook here I think is that teachers generally aren't computing
> experts. They teach their subject and they try to do this as best they can. More
> often than not, they really wouldn't have time to concern themselves deeply in the
> technologies that we have to offer them. They're looking for an affordable "black
> box" that helps their teaching - they really are the simple end users that seul
> exists for.
>
> Roman.

My wife is in agreement.  She is spooked with the options on Microsoft Word to the point
I type most of her stuff.

Intel is working on an "Easy PC" program, where the out of box experience for a unit is
Pre-Rated, in a realistic form.  (It seems that the chairman( I think) told at the
developers conference how frstrated installing a camera was.  He gave up after 2
hours.)  If we can offer a package sticker of vale to teacers to predict their "out of
box experience" we could sell it better..
Bill