Re: Major interview

Bill Ries-Knight wrote:

My wife is in agreement.  She is spooked with the options on Microsoft Word to the point

> I type most of her stuff.
>
> Intel is working on an "Easy PC" program, where the out of box experience for a unit is
> Pre-Rated, in a realistic form.  (It seems that the chairman( I think) told at the
> developers conference how frstrated installing a camera was.  He gave up after 2
> hours.)  If we can offer a package sticker of vale to teacers to predict their "out of
> box experience" we could sell it better..
> Bill

Forgot to mention in the last mail that perhaps one of the important things about seul-edu
is that if programmers get involved in developing edsoft it can only benefit the overall
usability of Linux for adults too.

I see generally that programmers out there are trying to make software that just gets more
and more complicated - more and more features. Lots of ftp packages for example loaded with
this feature and that feature. If good edsoft from us was seen by them perhaps people'd
remember that sometimes software's supposed to be simple and (re-)learn how to make it so.

Roman.