New Free project : Dr Geo and Genius merging

> Doug Loss wrote:
> >
> > Hilaire,
> >
> >    I just read on the GNOME weekly summary that Dr Geo and Genius are
> > merging, to create "Dr Genius."  What's the deal?  Is this accurate, or
> > have they screwed something up?

I was in contact with George Lebl, author of The Genius Calculator. I
remember I even speak about it in the Seul/edu mailing list. The Genius
Calculator is actually able to manipulate number with arbitrary
precision, rational, complex matrix. Also is powered with the GEL
intepreted langage, langage quite close to math writting.
We finaly decide to merge our too project as they aim at the same goal.
What Dr Geo will benefice form Genius Calculator ?
.A math expression evaluator, to enter function directly in Dr Geo, with
parameter taken as value of a Dr Geo figure sheet
.A math langage to write action button. Button to pin on a figure sheet.
.A Dr Geo API to controle/build figure from a GEL script and even an
user action button.

Also Laurent Gauthier will take care of the new GUI for Dr Genius and he
makes many code suggestions to enhance Dr Geo internal. I also hope
Vincent Konieczek will contribute somewhere in the new project. Of
course George Lebl still take care of the Genius part of
Dr Genius and he has also done the merge using the Genius CVS at Gnome.
So Dr Genius is actually on the Gnome CVS (probably nothing work right
now)

To know more you can look at the bug-dr-geo@gnu.org archive at
www.gnu.org

--